- Seventy-five percent of Americans will experience foot health problems of varying degrees of severity at one time or another in their lives.
- The foot is an intricate structure containing 26 bones, 33 joints, 107 ligaments and 19 muscles and tendons.
- The average person takes 8,000 to 10,000 steps a day. Those cover several miles, and they all add up to about 115,000 miles in a lifetime — more than four times the circumference of the globe.
- Walking is the best exercise for your feet. It also contributes to your general health by improving circulation, contributing to weight control. and promoting all-around well being.
- Shopping for shoes is best done in the afternoon. Your feet tend to swell a little during the day, and it’s best to buy shoes to fit them then. Have your feet measured everytime you purchase shoes, and do it while you’re standing. When you try on shoes, try them on both feet; many people have one foot larger than the other, and it’s best to fit the larger one.